North Topsail Beach, North Carolina
Getting its name from its location (north end of Topsail Island), the area was formerly known as West Onslow Beach and North Topsail Shores was incorporated as North Topsail Beach in 1990. It has a population of 843 and located in the township of Stump Sound within Onslow County.
As a warm welcome, the Shrimp Lady is reguraly located just on the North Topsail Beach side of the bridge between Sneads Ferry and Topsail Island. This has been going on so long that the side ride there is named after the Shrimp Lady!
For those who like to vote, the North Topsail Beach municipal polling place is the Town Hall while county and state is located at the Turkey Creek Fire Station.
As of 2005 the tax rate is .45 per $100 valuation.
North Topsail Beach trash collection is provided by Waste Industries on Tuesdays and Fridays during the summer . After Labor Day trash pick-up is Tuesday only. Curbsite pick-up for bulk items is available through the Town Hall. Contact Christina Watkins at 910-328-1349 with any questions.
If you are building and/or moving to North Topsail Beach, county water service is handled through the County Water Department on Georgetown Road in Jacksonville. For more info, call 910-455-0722. North Topsail Utilities (910-327-2880) provides sewer service. Jones-Onslow Electric Membership Corp. provides utilities and may be contacted at 910-327-2770 or 910-353-1940. Sprint 910-347-9011. Cable is provided by Charter Communications - call 1-866-472-2200.
The Town Hall is located at 2008 Loggerhead Court, between the Wildlife turn-off and S.R. 1568 turn-off. The North Topsail Beach Town Manager is Don Betz and the Town Clerk is Loraine M. Carbone.
More on North Topsail Beach Government:
- North Topsail Beach has a Council-manager position with the council consisting of a mayor and five aldermen, elected for staggered four-year terms. Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month.
- North Topsail Beach Mayor: W. Rodney Knowles
- North Topsail Beach Board of Aldermen: Fred Handy, Mayor Pro Tem, Richard Farley, H. E. "Buddy" Godwin, Laurie Duane, Steve Smith
- North Topsail Beach Police Department 910-328-0042. Danny Salese, Police Chief
- North Topsail Beach Fire Department 910-328-2200. Thomas Best, Fire Marshal
- North Topsail Beach Rescue and Emergency Medical Service 910-328-1400